About the Faculty
As early as in 1922 the university built its first field centre in Lednice - the Biological Field Station - and almost immediately started work on the idea of eventually opening a separate horticultural unit in Lednice. Lednice is part of the officially designated "Lednice- Valtice Area", listed by UNESCO as a world heritage site of special cultural and environmental interest.
The crowning achievement came in August 1985 when Horticulture was established as a separate faculty of the university (MUAF) in Brno, with its base in Lednice.
University-level teaching of horticulture in Lednice was the first and only institution of its type in the former Czechoslovakia. Faculty has trained and educated more than 5,000 horticulturalists, not only from our three traditional areas of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia, but also Slovakia and other countries.
- Department of Breeding and Propagation of Horticultural Plants
- Department of Fruit Growing
- Department of Garden and Landscape Architecture
- Department of Horticultural Machinery
- Department of Landscape Planning
- Department of Planting Design and Maintenance
- Department of Post-Harvest Technology of Horticultural Products
- Department of Vegetable Sciences and Floriculture
- Department of Viticulture and Oenology